Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Picker Success Story

Some of you have heard me say that anyone can become a "picker" and make some extra cash...or even make a new career out of it. As long as people have stuff, and people want stuff, there will be a market for almost everything. And, its nearly recession proof. But to make it work, like anything else, you've gotta have a heart for it.

Received a note today from an old friend I met at a meditation class several years back. He was an unemployed carpenter and needed an income fast. I shared with him how I had just traveled across the country buying and selling stuff on the internet all along the way. We had some long conversations, he picked my brain, figured out what his interests were and then ran with the ball.

He wrote:

Hi Rick, 

I had to write and say hi. Many things have changed in my life since we last spoke. I became a very successful picker...thanks to your advice a few years back. Mostly buying and selling BMW motorcycles, but also finding some incredible unique items. I left the carpentry gig because it just didn't nurture and support my soul anymore. 

David W.

With an eBay account  a PayPal ATM card, laptop and wireless internet, a few shipping supplies and any local Post Office, it is possible to hunt treasures in shops, flea markets and other places anywhere across the country, or the world for that matter, and sell them online.You could buy a California Pottery piece in Memphis, TN, sell it online while your traveling and drop it at the Post Office in Ft Worth, TX. But then again, you could do this without leaving your home area.

Happy Hunting.




No comments:

Post a Comment